Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I am home!!!

Hard to believe that Phoenix is here and that he is doing well. There is so many roads ahead and we will continue to walk forward and keep you up to date. Mike and I have felt overwhelmed with the love and friendship extended to us this whole process and these last days and weeks we haven’t felt alone and are amazed at God’s love extended to us through our friends and family.

It started with our close friends Nate and Dana with Olivia ( who is Rowan’s best friend). Dana and I experienced many similar seasons in the couple years we’ve been together, pregnancies, newborns, new marriage years, boot camp with our husbands gone, we spent many hours together and I have been continually amazed how beautiful her friendship is in my life and Nate and Mike have been best friends for many years,he is such source of strength and encouragement to Mike and I. Our time with them was easy and refreshing, they are like family. It was so great to see there newest addition Luca and for Rowan and Olivia to have a reunion, they had a blast together. Next, Joe and Shelly came into town on Saturday, they felt that they had to be here and since they have walked through every major season of life with us these last years, we of course couldn’t resist. Joe and Shell, have been our friends for 6 years, they were one of the first couples that I connected with when I moved to Wisconsin and they loved and invested in me so much in those first years. Shelly and I shared many nights of rich time together and Joe became a quick and loving big brother in my life. They are such treasured friends and a huge source of love and encouragement to us, Mike and I feel constantly amazed by the generous love and fellowship they extend to us. We were able to have a couple of days together before my surgery on Monday and we went on our first date in many months, it was so wonderful to share that night with them. As well as the time we had together to just enjoy eachother’s company and they encouraged both Mike and I with just loving and great converstions. On Sunday, Mike’s Mom (Amy ) arrived and she has been a blessing to have, Rowan has espiecially gotten to enjoy her. He loves his Mimi and I love having her support and friendhsip. On Sunday night another dear dear friend of mine came in to be here for the delivery and next day, Tracey. There are no words to actually explain her friendship in my life, except that it is constant and deeper than what we have built, God told her to be here to pray for us through this and it was soooo nice to have her as well. We all had a chance to spend some time praying before my surgery and it was an encouragement and brought great peace to Mike and I. We have friends coming this weekend and My Mom and a surprise visit from my brother all the way from Montana for a couple days, I am so excited to see him.
It has been so kind of God to surround us and we both know strength through our friendships.

Needless to say, I have not done a great job at getting sleep and that has made these last couple of days, extremely hard, I am not able to sleep well and am experiencing a high level of pain. Please pray for my body to respond better and recover quickly in the days to come.

Phoenix is doing well and we are sooo in love with him, he looks like Mike as all our boys do. He is strong, I guess that goes without saying, but his upper body strength is really good. After he woke up from his surgery he was looking and Mike and moving his head and body around quite strongly to try and remove some of the tubing, little fighter.He was transferred to a different hospital for his surgery so, I have not been able to see him since monday afternoon. Mike was with him before and after surgery and is fully in love with his little man. He was doing well yeaterday and had a nice visit with Mike and his Mimi.

Today, I will be released and able to spend some time near him, we will be able to hold him next week, which I am looking forward too. We have been encouraged to take it one day at a time, by friends and God, both throughout this last season and now, because each day will hold tons of new decisions and I want to just enjoy what eachone holds and not get overwhelmed by tomorrow’s, because of course we don’t even know what it all looks like. I know this is what so much of Phoenix’s life has taught me, to enjoy what I can and let go of the planning and the knowing part of life that we all want to have. We can miss out on so much if we are so caught up in what tomorrow holds.

Everyday I am learning to have a good moment of tears and to believe that all that is to come and the fact that we have Phoenix are in God’s hands and he will give to us all we need. I am sooooooo thrilled that he is here and that each day to come is full of the richness of his life and the way that we are changed heart and soul through this little child’s life.

We love you all and will update and post pictures as the days and week move forward.

1 comment:

  1. Meggers, so good to hear some of your thoughts, and grateful that so many of your dear friends and family have been able to be with you, Mike & Rowan. Can't wait to see pictures of your newest family member!

    ReplyDelete